Mental Health Support
Link-Age is a bridge to relief.
Many seniors are isolated, suffering alone, yet are in need of services.
If you know a senior who might be anxious or depressed . . . considering suicide . . . battling alcoholism . . . or misusing prescription drugs: Please connect that person to Link-Age.
Whether you’re a clinician or professional . . . a senior’s friend or loved one . . . or you, yourself, are 55 or older . . . Link-Age helps deal pre-emptively with issues before they get worse. The people we work with often improve drastically within a month’s time.
The Link-Age Project links people ages 55 and older with services and treatment that will help improve their lives.
This program is free to individuals in Nassau County.
Our Link-Age Project Care Team will:
- Make home visits to evaluate and assess needs comprehensively and confidentially
- Work together with seniors to develop a care plan that is right for the individual – we help with everything from financial exploitation to drug and alcohol dependence to mental health issues
- Help fill out paperwork
- Bring seniors to their appointments
- Connect seniors with community services and help them remain safely at home
- Address any barriers to accessing care
- We follow up
Did you know?
Among U.S. communities, Nassau County is among those going gray “the fastest,” according to U.S. Census and multiple studies.
The Linkage Project represents a triple partnership between the Office for the Aging (OFA), Family & Children’s Association (FCA) and Central Nassau Guidance (CNG).