Residence for Teens with Emotional Impairments
At Lakeview House, our focus is the future.
Lakeview House is a Community Residence program that provides a therapeutic environment for adolescents (ages 13-18) with serious emotional disturbances (SED) who are in need of a structured community setting to result in outcomes of successful functioning and integration into the family, community, or independent living.
Working with our staff and the referring agency, residents can begin to plan for the future.
- Behavior Management Training with Licensed Social Workers
- Medication Management, Monitoring, and Health Services with an on-site RN
- Socialization Skills and& Recreational activities provided by a Recreation Specialist
- Individual and Family Group Support by a Family Peer Advocate
- Life-skills training is provided by staff in a range of activities from daily living
- skills to money management
- Maintain a safe, family-like and trauma-sensitive environment that fosters emotional, intellectual and physical growth.
- Effective oversight of the development and implementation of assessments and goal plans.
- Incorporate philosophies of Strength-based, family-driven and individualized care.
- The length of stay may vary from 12 to 24 months, depending on individual and family needs
- Referrals in Nassau and Suffolk Counties must go through Single Point of Access (SPOA)
- Placement is voluntary
- We are not a program for youth with a history of violence, arson or serious substance abuse problems
The program is certified through the New York State Office of Mental Health.