Gun Violence Reduction
It’s time to disrupt the cycle of gun violence in our most vulnerable communities.
SNUG is an evidence-based violence reduction initiative.
We work with community residents, businesses and community-based organizations to reduce and prevent shootings and killings.
FCA works in collaborative partnerships with the Hempstead Police Department and the Nassau County District Attorney’s office. We rely on outreach workers, faith leaders, and community leaders to intervene in conflicts and promote alternatives to violence.
FCA employs men and women who are credible messengers to high-risk people; these individuals may have been involved in gang or criminal activity but are now seeking a fresh start.
- Conflict mediation
- Crisis intervention
- Educational & Employment Assessment
- Linkage to available resources
- Individuals, ages 14-25, who are involved in high-risk activities
- Residents of the Village of Hempstead
- Individuals with current or former gang involvement or with a gun-related criminal history
SNUG is funded through a grant from the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS).