Here for Long Island. Here for You.
We offer families skills for life.
Family Support workers are teachers and coaches. They teach the core life skills to guide families in improving their situation and enhancing the well-being of each member.
You and your family can learn:
- Parenting skills
- Household management
- Nutritional information
- Helping children with homework
- Time management
- Emotional support and advocacy
- Support in attending appointments
- Help in making daily life changes
- Services are provided on a daily basis, part-time basis or according to need
- Available at no charge
- Families sign a contract identifying specific goals to be attained during the initial three months.
- After three months, services are reviewed and continued, revised or terminated.
- Coaching services may be continued in three-month segments for up to one year.
- Referrals are channeled through the Department of Social Services (DSS) to the Family Support Program.
- A Family Support Worker must be requested by a Preventive Worker. Families can be one or two parent families.
- Many of our clients are involved with Child Protective Services (CPS) of the Department of Social Services.
Call (516) 485-4289
31 Main Street
Hempstead, NY 11550