Let’s work on this together.
Caring for a child with special needs can be difficult and even overwhelming. Family Center services are designed to enhance the capacity of families to care for their children who have a Serious Emotional Disturbance. We believe our services may reduce the need for long-term psychiatric hospitalization.
Our two locations
- Family Center Nassau provides Respite Services to give temporary care to children with an emotional disturbance and provide relief to the family.
- Family Center Suffolk provides services to families who have children with an emotional disturbance and also offers a Youth Peer Advocacy program.
Our programs in Nassau and Suffolk
- Provide family support services to help reduce the stress and pressure of parenting
- Connect you with Family Peer Advocates who have personal experience raising a child with behavioral and/or emotional difficulties
- Never discriminate because of race, creed, or national origin
- Offer parenting workshops
- Are available in Spanish and English
The hours, contact information, applications and referrals are unique to each location.
FCA's Family Center is funded by the New York State Office of Mental Health and the Nassau County Department of Mental Health. Family Center programs are supported by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS).