Children’s Care Coordination
We help you get the support you need.
Our mission is to coordinate and link services for children, teens and young adults between the ages of 5 and 21 who are diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance (SED).
A Care Manager will work with you and your child to develop a comprehensive care plan to help identify and reach your goals. The Care Manager will also help coordinate and link you to appropriate community resources and supports.
- Help for achieving personal goals
- Support by attending school meetings with you
- Coordination with outside providers
- Linkage to community support
- The child must be between the ages of 5 and 21 years old.
- A resident of Nassau County
- Illness: Have a Serious Emotional Disturbance defined by a DSM IV diagnosis (excluding substance disorders, organic brain syndromes, developmental disabilities and social V code conditions) and have experienced functional limitations due to emotional disturbance over the past 12 months or Complex Trauma
Parents or professionals working with a child/family can make referrals by contacting:
SPOA Unit/Children’s Services Nassau County Department of MH/MR/DD
60 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. Uniondale, NY 11553
Fax (516) 227-7076
Click here for SPOA Brochure
Click here for SPOA Application
400 Oak Street
Garden City, NY 11550