Elder Abuse Support and Services
SOS (Safe Observant Senior) Program
Keeping seniors safe and secure.
Elder abuse happens when someone breaks your trust, and violates your safety and security. It comes in many forms and may be physical, financial, verbal or emotional in nature. If you or someone you know has fallen victim to elder abuse, we are here to help.
- Virtual or in-person short term crisis counseling and support groups
- Liaison with the criminal justice system to keep you informed every step of the way
- Assistance obtaining and understanding court orders of protection
- Assistance investigating and resolving suspected financial exploitation
- Assistance filing for Crime Victims Compensation through NYS
- Access to FCA’s comprehensive suite of senior services
- Support with accessing and understanding community resources
Contact our SOS Team Today!
This program is free & confidential. Self-referrals or calls on behalf of another individual are accepted.
377 Oak Street, 5th Floor
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 485-3425 - Select Option #3
Safe Observant Seniors (SOS) is made possible with funding from the NY Division of Criminal Justice, Federal VOCA Victim & Witness Assistance Program, New York State Office of Victims Services & Lifespan of Greater Rochester Inc.
For more information regarding the Office of Victim Services: https://ovs.ny.gov/