Senior & Adult Services
Every senior deserves to live with dignity, safety and independence.
The caring professionals at FCA help more than 10,000 seniors a year to improve their quality of life.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen Nassau County’s seniors through services that ensure safety while maximizing independence, respecting the right to self-determination and improving overall quality of life.
FCA's Senior & Adult Services Division Programs
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Program Supports Alzheimer's Caregivers in the underserved communities of Nassau and Suffolk Counties through outreach, individual and group counseling, education sessions, and joint enrichment programs.
Elder Abuse Prevention FCA’s Safe Observant Senior Program (SOS) provides support, counseling and advocacy to seniors experiencing any form of abuse or neglect.
Friendly Visitors Our kind-hearted, trained, screened volunteers brighten the lives of home-bound seniors.
- In-Home Assistance FCA case managers connect seniors to resources they need to remain safely and independently at home.
- Nursing Home Advocacy Our Ombudservice Program brings volunteer advocates directly to seniors who live in nursing, adult and assisted living homes.
- Mental Health Support No one should suffer alone. FCA connects seniors to services that support their overall well-being through our Link-Age Project.
- Financial Assistance We help seniors with everything from managing their bills and organizing mail through protecting them from financial exploitation.
- Health Insurance Our HIICAP Program provides health insurance, information, counseling and assistance for Nassau County Medicare beneficiaries
- SMART Van The SMART Van is a new and innovative program available through the Town of Hempstead communities and will be visiting senior programs to help older adults stay engaged with technology.
Did you know?
Seniors represent a growing proportion of residents facing anxiety, depression, and suicide; alcoholism; misuse of prescription drugs; and isolation from help.
Call (516) 292-1300