Nassau County families whose children are at risk of foster care placement are eligible to receive this strength based, family-focused service. We teach core life skills to help your family improve its situation and grow stronger. We consider the wellbeing of every family member.
You and your family can learn:
- Parenting skills
- Navigating childhood lifespan development
- Household management and budgeting
- Nutritional education
- Time management
- Emotional support and advocacy
- Support in attending appointments
- Help in making daily life changes
- Available at no charge
- (Se habla Español & Pale Créole).
- Referrals are channeled through the Nassau County Department of Social Services (NCDSS) to the Family Support Program
- A family must be active with NCDSS Preventive or Child Protective Services (CPS)
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm
Hours can vary based on need
Donna Teichner, LCSW
(516) 485-4289 ext. 1223
31 Main Street
Hempstead, NY 11550
Family Support is funded by the Nassau County Department of Social Services.