Community Credible Messengers Initiative
Community Credible Messengers Initiative provides services to youth transitioning out of NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) court ordered residential placements. FCA partners with VISIONS and WORC in Nassau County, and YES and EOC in Suffolk County to provide successful wrap-around services to these youth and their families.
The Credible Messenger initiative will provide the youth with a staff member from his/her community who might have experienced similar life struggles. This mentor, together with a parent partner, will be the youth’s life line to a new beginning.
- Access to pro-social activities and supportive services to counteract harmful influences, encourage healthy development and prevent reentry from slipping into regression and recidivism
- Parent Partner Engagement- each youth AND his/her family members will have an assigned parent partner to work with the family and offer support and guidance.
- Workforce development
- Vocational and career readiness
- Must be referred by OCFS
- Youth between the ages of 14- 18 years old returning home from court ordered placement
- Hempstead, Bay Shore, Brentwood and Central Islip residents (additional towns to be considered by OCFS)
Donna Teichner, AVP of Prevention & Family Support
Call (516) 485-4289 x 1223
Funded by NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)