A partner of the Nassau County Regional Prevention and Support Services Initiative (RPSSI) funded by the NYS Department of Health AIDS Institute.
The goal is to decrease the risk of acquiring Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI), including HIV infection, and to improve health outcomes for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
Check out Our Flyer
FCA offers services free of charge and provides:
- Support, case management, and systems navigation
- Provides HIV, Hepatitis C, and STI prevention education
- Expands access to and awareness of PEP/PrEP medications
- Links PLWHA and those at risk to treatment, prevention, and support services
- Seeking Safety intervention for individuals with a history of trauma seeking to heal
Support Services Navigation is offered to all individuals who:
- Had sex with a partner without condoms or being on PrEP medication, whose HIV infection status they do not know or a partner with an HIV ( Human Immunodeficiency Virus ) positive status whose virus levels they do not know or has a CD4 count above 50 copies/ml; and/or
- Have an HIV positive status themselves and are not fully engaged in care and treatment and/or not virally suppressed; and/or
- Were diagnosed with a sexually transmitted infection in the past 6 months.
Target populations include: MSM/bisexual men, women, transgender and gender non-conforming persons, people of color, immigrants, substance users including people who inject drugs (PWID), non-English Speakers and individuals living at or below the poverty line.