Senior & Adult Services
Every senior deserves to live with dignity, safety and independence.
The caring professionals at FCA help more than 10,000 seniors a year to improve their quality of life.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen Nassau County’s seniors through services that ensure safety while maximizing independence, respecting the right to self-determination and improving overall quality of life.
NYSOFA Launches CV19 CheckUp Tool
A free, confidential, and easy to use resource to keep you safer and healthier during the Coronavirus pandemic.
The New York State Office for the Aging (NYSOFA), in partnership with BellAge, Inc., and the Association on Aging in New York (AgingNY) has launched a CV19 CheckUp tool! This is a free, anonymous, and personalized online tool that assesses an individual’s risks associated with COVID-19 based on their life situation and individual behavior. As a result, recommendations and resources are provided to decrease their specified risks.
This tool provides an important tool especially for
Click here to access the CV19 CheckUp tool.
This tool provides an important tool especially forthose age 60 and older, those with underlying health conditions and/or compromised immune systems as these groups are at a higher risk of severe or fatal consequences if infected by COVID-19.
Take Action to Combat Elder Abuse
FCA hosted their Elder Abuse Awareness & Prevention Conference on Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
The event was focused on educating participants on how to recognize various forms of elder abuse, identify contributing factors of elder abuse, connect with helpful community resources, and empower older adults to protect themselves.
For a recording of the virtual event, please visit here.
Together we can break the silence and raise awareness for elder abuse.
FCA's Senior & Adult Services Division Programs
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Program This group for caregivers meets in Westbury, Freeport, and Hempstead, NY.
Elder Abuse Prevention FCA’s Safe Observant Senior Program (SOS) provides support, counseling and advocacy to seniors experiencing any form of abuse or neglect.
Friendly Visitors Our kind-hearted, trained, screened volunteers brighten the lives of home-bound seniors.
- In-Home Assistance FCA case managers connect seniors to resources they need to remain safely and independently at home.
- Nursing Home Advocacy Our Ombudservice Program brings volunteer advocates directly to seniors who live in nursing, adult and assisted living homes.
- Mental Health Support No one should suffer alone. FCA connects seniors to services that support their overall well-being through our OMH Link-Age Project.
- Financial Assistance We help seniors with everything from managing their bills and health insurance to protecting them from financial exploitation.
Did you know?
Seniors represent a growing proportion of residents facing anxiety, depression, and suicide; alcoholism; misuse of prescription drugs; and isolation from help.
Call (516) 292-1300