We Believe in Keeping Families Together
There is always an opportunity to start again, to forgive yourself, to look at things differently.
We created the Prevention program to offer support for new beginnings at every stage and for every member of the family.
We are a free service at the Hempstead Family Treatment & Recovery Center for
- Young and first-time parents
- Children, adolescents and parents
- Young adults with a first-time offense
- Court referrals and CPS.
Our individual and group counseling sessions offer guidance on many things, such as how to:
- Talk to with adolescents
- Build self esteem in your children
- Hold family meetings
- Speak with teachers and be a part of your child’s life
- Deal with young adults involved in gang behavior
We also offer
- Parenting classes for families at risk
- Outreach to local schools
- Evidence based curriculum of workshops for adolescents to enhance decision making skills
- Community wide outreach and education about drugs and other high risk behaviors
Call for an appointment: (516) 486-7200
Funded by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS).