Join Us in Celebrating Our 135th Anniversary!
Join us during our 135 Days of Giving and help FCA continue to protect and strengthen our families, friends and neighbors. Even a little bit goes a long way!
Established in 1884, FCA has been caring for Long Island's most vulnerable for the last 135 years. What started as the Temporary Home for Children orphanage, has evolved into a bi-county, multi-division organization serving over 30,000 individuals a year.
These divisions and the programs within each, provide services and resources to Long Island's children, families, seniors, and communities in need.
Help us turn
dreams into reality.
With your support:
- Michael can head off to elementary school with a bookbag full of school supplies and a nutritious lunch
- Alex can sleep in a warm bed tonight instead of on the cold park bench
- Margaret can participate in our Seniors Friendly Visitor program and enjoy regular visits
- Sarah can receive the services needed to overcome a substance use related issue, and be guided through a process to recovery and the new life she deserves
- Ben can take part in art and music workshops with his new peers at THRIVE Recovery Community and Outreach center
- Megan can receive counseling and remain in her home with her family where they can now better care for her with the help of FCA’s Mental Health & Wellness progams
- Maria can place her children in an FCA childcare program while she goes out and finds a job and apartment for her family
- A foster care youth can receive the advocacy she needs to complete high school and pursue her college degree
- A local senior can participate in FCA’s Home Energy Assistance program and keep his heat on during the cold winter months
- Jessica can have a safe place to run to at FCA’s Nassau Haven Emergency Shelter when she needs to escape her abusive father
What are some of the ways you can give?
Acts of kindness, a helping hand, or donations, big or small; your time, energy and consideration can make a difference in someone's life.
- Donate $135
- Attend an FCA Dine to Donate event at a local restaurant
- Ask 27 of your friends to give $5
- Share our 135 Days of Giving posts on your social media accounts
- Run an office campaign to raise a multiple of $135. (135 people give a $1; 135 people give $10; 135 people give $100)
- Collect 135 canned goods and other food items to donate to FCA's food pantry
- Organize a team and raise $1,350 for the Mini Mighty Man Triathlon benefiting FCA
- Host a birthday fundraiser on Facebook with a goal to raise a multiple of $135
- Organize a drive at your office/school to raise hygiene supplies and household items for FCA's seniors
- Name FCA as the beneficiary for your living legacy
- Ask your employer to add FCA as a Payroll Deduction Charity
- Transfer 135 shares of stock to FCA
The possibilities are endless....
Have your own ideas as to how you can participate? Contact Dana Jarrett, FCA Development Associate, at: DJarrett@fcali.org.
Join Us for a Dine to Donate Event!
Dine out for a great cause!
During the following Dine to Donate events, 15% of your dine in or take-out check will be donated to FCA.
Stop in with your family, friends & neighbors!
Eric's Italian Bistro
70 E. Old Country Road
Mineola, NY 11501
512 Hempstead Tpke.
West Hempstead, NY 11552
*Must mention FCA at time of purchase