Living independently and safely at home is a priority for many seniors.
FCA case managers offer in-home services for seniors age 60 and over. They connect seniors to available community resources that will help them remain safely and independently at home.
Case managers will:
- Provide an in-home comprehensive and confidential assessment evaluating your situation and your needs.
- Eligibility for services is determined during the assessment. Also included is a financial assessment to determine whether services require a cost share.
- Develop a care plan identifying appropriate services and providers.
- This written care plan will be reviewed with you before services are initiated.
- Make use of all available community resources for which you are eligible, including:
- Food Stamps
- Home Health Aides
- Monitor services to be sure they meet your needs and reassess and modify the care plan when necessary.
- Offer support for caregivers struggling to care for a loved one.
- Arrange for visits through our Friendly Visiting program, which matches seniors with volunteers who visit weekly.
- If you or someone you care about would benefit from a weekly visit, please call (516) 292-1300.
- Read more: Our Friendly Visitors are warm, kind individuals who are interested in meeting new people and sharing new experiences. It’s a rewarding experience for both the senior and the volunteer. Most important it puts smiles on the faces of seniors and brings joy to their hearts. This program is made possible with funds from the Greentree Foundation.
- These include one-time expenditures for “gap-filling” services, items or equipment that cannot be obtained from any other source.
- May be authorized by a case manager and the Nassau County Office for the Aging and may also involve a cost-sharing responsibility.
- Case management services are provided, without fee to senior citizens age 60 and over who reside in Nassau County in FCA’s assigned catchment area.
- Counseling services may be available free of charge on a limited short-term basis through the senior wellness program.
377 Oak Street, 5th Floor
Garden City, NY 11530
Did you know?
The median age of Nassau County residents exceeds that of the state and nation.
The case management program is conducted under contract with the Nassau County Office for the Aging (NCOFA) with funds from the Federal Older Americans Act through the New York State Office for the Aging