We Believe in Keeping Families Together
There is always an opportunity to start again, to forgive yourself, to look at things differently.
The FCA Prevention Team focuses on families and individuals with a holistic and wellness approach. We provide education, support and counseling for families and youth at risk for substance use disorder.
Our Prevention Services are free for:
- Young and first-time parents
- Children, adolescents and parents who need support to avoid truancy and substance use issues
- Young adults with a first-time offense
- Court referrals and CPS.
Our individual and group counseling sessions offer guidance on many things, such as how to:
- Talk to with adolescents
- Build self esteem in your children
- Hold family meetings
- Speak with teachers and be a part of your child’s life
- Deal with young adults involved in gang behavior
We also offer:
- Parenting classes for families at risk
- Outreach to local schools
- Evidence based curriculum of workshops for adolescents to enhance decision making skills
- Community wide outreach and education about drugs and other high risk behaviors
Elizabeth Funghkee, Prevention Supervisor
Funded by the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS).